Thursday, December 14, 2006

A chair is NOT a cool christmas gift.

Money and gift certificates have a really bad reputation regarding their use as christmas presents. Quite frankly, opposed to the general reputation, money, as a piece of paper with the same value but much more restrictive, gift certificates would be on top of my wish list right now. Normally i love reading good, intriguing books, and even more i love getting new gadgets for my pc or laptop - or for gaming. But if someone absolutely has no idea on what to get me, i am fine with appropriate gift certificates. Considering the fact that i mentioned that i'd quite like getting a wii, upgrade my computer or get a PS2 probably gift certs would have been the best options.

Today i got my christmas present. I was playing the piano when my parens rang the door, asking me to come down since they already had my present, but because it was so heavy and huge they couldnt hide it and wanted to give it to me today already - after i helped them carrying it up. I dashed down, hoping for... i dont know, hoping for the wii :) (but i think that one isnt really heavy) and when i arrived downstairs i saw two huge packages with... chairs.
I got a god damn chair.

And because it was a relatively expensive chair (well, we're not rich, so dont think of a diamond chair ;)) and because they said it this will be my only gift.

I think, it is about time (next February, early enough before my birthday) to tell them, that i dont want any pressies anymore. You anticipate so much, but.... well, my brother usually gets what he likes, game boys, now a nintendo ds, loads of lego, some electronic stuff........ the only electronic device i got was a mega drive II back in the days and a tiny TV for it. And Final Fantasy VII, but i had to pester my parents for years to get that. Oh and a mini-stereo, but that was about 10 years ago, too. Aside from that count watches, pullovers, clocks, perfumes, make up etc to the list. And coats. Loats of stuff i am not interested in the least. Instead i have to buy everything that is technical myself. And selling the gifts? You dont do that.

So, any alternatives? Yes. Telling them to stop giving you stuff for christmas. and birthdays of course, too. Because then you dont expect them to get something cool. And the disappointment is MUCH smaller.

a friggin chair....*grumbles*....

No comments: